Wyndham deploys Oracle’s OPERA Cloud globally
The mobile platform enables faster innovation while helping hotels improve guest personalization, reduce costs and increase operational efficiency.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is deploying the next generation of Oracle Hospitality OPERA Cloud Property Management (PMS) in its full-service hotels, making it the first major hotel company to adopt the system globally. The move follows successful pilots at nearly 50 Wyndham hotels over the past nine months.
Full-service hotels entering the Wyndham portfolio, which includes brands such as Wyndham Grand, Ramada, by Wyndham, and Dolce by Wyndham, will be placed on the new PMS while existing owners have the option of upgrading now or d ” wait for their existing PMS agreements. expire. The company predicts that around 20% of its full-service portfolio will adopt the new PMS over the next 12 months, with the majority migrating to the system in the next few years.
Wyndham’s selection of OPERA Cloud for its full-service hotels represents the latest in a growing list of recent technology initiatives launched by the company, all aimed at giving franchisees tools to help them provide a competitive advantage in the world. in the midst of the current pandemic. Last September, the company launched a new customer data platform and before that, a completely redesigned mobile app, making it the first to offer mobile check-in and check-out at more than 6,000 budget and mid-range hotels. range.
“The deployment of Oracle OPERA Cloud represents the next step in Wyndham’s continued digital transformation,” mentionned Scott Strickland, Chief Information Officer, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. “Not only does the system help our hotel owners deliver a better guest experience through a host of operational and efficiency improvements, it is designed to lower their overall costs by eliminating the need for expensive and difficult-to-access hardware. maintain on site. Best of all, hotels can migrate to the system remotely in days, not weeks, allowing hotels, especially conversions, to open faster ”. he mentioned.
With OPERA Cloud, Wyndham and its franchisees can easily:
• Cloud Scalability – Designed specifically to manage hotel operations, the PMS is flexible and can scale to meet individual hotel needs without requiring on-site hardware installation and maintenance.
• Enable “Anywhere” Mobile Access – Operators can manage their hotel from anywhere while team members can come away from the front desk to serve customers anywhere on the property.
• Streamline Operations – Easy integration with thousands of key partner interfaces means a smoother, more streamlined customer experience with the potential for enhanced customization.
• Operate Worldwide – Designed to meet the tax requirements of over 200 countries, operators can customize the system to operate in 20 languages.
• Improved Security and Performance – The PMS is built on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, which helps hotels improve the guest experience while helping to improve performance, security and reliability.
“Wyndham’s progressive approach to its digital transformation provides a strategic advantage to its thousands of hotel owners and operators around the world,” mentionned Alex Alt, Managing Director, Oracle. “The implementation of OPERA Cloud enables franchisees to quickly and remotely improve functionality for customers as the industry continues to evolve, which will be critical to maintaining a competitive advantage,” he added.
The deployment of OPERA Cloud builds on the foundations of a broader, multi-year digital transformation for Wyndham, which in recent months has enabled the company to rapidly roll out new tools and offerings to help its franchisees grow their activities, especially on a daily basis. business travelers, such as construction workers, utility workers, truckers and more. Among them, Wyndham Direct, a total booking, invoicing and payment solution for businesses that streamlines travel management with no minimum spend or stay requirements, and Wyndham Business, a one-stop-shop for anyone looking to doing business with Wyndham and its hotels.