Valery Gergiev

Main Menu

  • Home
  • Opera
  • Ballet
  • Orchestra
  • Conductors
  • Financial

Valery Gergiev

Header Banner

Valery Gergiev

  • Home
  • Opera
  • Ballet
  • Orchestra
  • Conductors
  • Financial
Conductors
Home›Conductors›Video emerges showing Translink train driver with bloody nose as PSNI confirm Lisburn’s alleged assault arrest

Video emerges showing Translink train driver with bloody nose as PSNI confirm Lisburn’s alleged assault arrest

By Meghan Everett
July 31, 2022
0
0

A circulating video that shows the aftermath of an attack on a Translink train driver has been widely condemned on social media.

he alleged the assault happened on board the train near Lisburn station at around 12:20 p.m.

Police and the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service attended the scene.

A 31-year-old man was arrested following the incident and was later released on bail by police pending further investigation.

Sharing video online of the aftermath of the incident, Shankill community worker Stacey Graham condemned the ‘incident after incident’ facing public transport workers, appearing to refer to another incident on the West Belfast Glider last week when a video emerged. to show a young girl spitting in the face of an older passenger.

The video she shared – which has nearly 25,000 views on the platform – shows the train driver wiping blood from his face as other passengers try to help him.

In the video, the train driver can be heard saying “he spat on me”, as a Red Cross paramedic also helps the man with a facial injury.

After viewing the footage, many netizens expressed sympathy to the train driver and condemned the scenes.

One person said: “No one should have to work in these conditions. Ashamed.”

Another added: “This is an absolute disgrace. Wishing the victim a full and speedy recovery.

Maria Dillon on Twitter added: “Horrible. No one should suffer such abuse, especially in the course of their work. »

A spokesperson for Translink said they were working with the PSNI on the incident and said “the safety of our staff and passengers is our top priority”.

“All of our staff have the right to work without fear of abuse or violence,” they added.

“We totally condemn this incident and will use our onboard CCTV and witness statements to bring the perpetrators to justice.

“We will work closely with the PSNI to fully investigate this incident, and our colleague will receive the appropriate level of support and care.

“We condemn all instances of anti-social behavior and have a zero-tolerance policy towards anyone who physically or verbally threatens or abuses our staff.”

A PSNI spokesman added: “A man was arrested following an assault on a train at 12:20 p.m. on Friday July 29.

“Police received a report that a member of staff had been assaulted on the train in the Bachelors Walk area of ​​Lisburn.

“Officers attended the scene with colleagues from the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service.

“Our investigation is ongoing, and we are appealing to anyone who may have information that could help, or who has noticed suspicious activity in the area, to call us on 101 and quote reference number 773 dated 7/29/ 22.

“An arrested 31-year-old man has been released on bail pending further investigation.”

Related posts:

  1. Conductive Fiber Market Dynamics and Competitive Scenario to 2028 | TEIJIN, TORAY, HERE – Clark County Blog
  2. 5G Conductive Adhesives Market Size Witnessing Highest Growth in Near Future by 2027
  3. Rail Conductor Reunites Jeweler with $ 107K in Engagement Ring Samples
  4. Cork International Choral Festival 2021 ends on a high note with hotly contested competition results

Categories

  • Ballet
  • Conductors
  • Financial
  • Opera
  • Orchestra
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions