FeelitLIVE announces America’s Got Choirs
MENLO PARK, Calif., September 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – FeelitLIVE, Inc., the creators of the virtual and hybrid event platform FeelitLIVE, have announced America has choirsMT – America’s largest and most inclusive online high school choir competition. America has choirsMT is a virtual forum to showcase the vast choral talent in the United States. In its very first season, America’s Got Choirs â¢ celebrates high school choirs that produce great music every day and embody teamwork, resilience, talent, diversity, hope and positivity.
High school choirs across the country are invited to upload a song performance recorded during the 2020-2021 school year. The competition is free and submissions must be received by October 8, 2021.
A panel of leading choral experts will assess the entries and shortlist the top 10 choirs that will compete in the America’s Got Choirs Virtual Grand Final on October 24, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. EDT / 5:00 p.m. PDT, when the winners are revealed.
“2020 has been a year that has tested the courage of every student in America. And students involved in the performing arts have been challenged to unleash their ingenuity and creativity like never before.” said Dr Charlene Archibeque, one of America’s foremost conductors and teachers, and a judge on the esteemed panel of judges for the competition. “I am delighted to see this competition on virtual media and I am incredibly excited to see the diversity of performances.”
Prizes and gifts
The winning high school will receive a cash prize of $ 2,500 along with the America’s Got Choirs 2021 award. Category winners in the following areas will each receive $ 500: Best Creative Visuals, Best Soloist, and Best Audio / Video Engineering. All participants will receive 2 free tickets to the final on October 24, 2021 and access to the FeelitLIVE platform, including a landing page for their choir, and a virtual location to host an event for free until December 31, 2021.
To find out more and participate in the competition, visit: https://feelit.live/Americas-Got-Choirs
- Dre CharlÃ¨ne Archibeque, one of America’s foremost conductors and teachers, was the first woman to earn the DMA in choir conducting in 1969 from the University of Colorado. His more than six decades of choir conducting are replete with international and national recognition and accolades. She spent 35 years as Director of Choral Activities at San JosÃ© State University.
- Dr Jeffrey Benson, director of choral activities at San JosÃ© State University. He is a composer and arranger published with Colla Voce Music and Santa Barbara Music Publishing, as part of the Charlene Archibeque Choral Series. He was a conductor for the Grammy Award-winning Washington Chorus. The choirs under his direction performed with the Rolling Stones, Josh Groban, Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman.
- Dr Edith Copley, Professor Emeritus of the Regents and Director of Choral Studies at Northern Arizona University. She is the recipient of the NAU School of Music Centennial Teacher of the Year, Arizona Music Educator of the Year, Arizona ACDA Outstanding Choral Director Award, and others. She has served the American Choral Directors Association in various leadership roles over the past 30 years and is currently the National President-Elect.
- Dr Derrick Fox, Director of Choral Activities and Distinguished Assistant Professor of Music at the University of Nebraska-Omaha. He sits on the ACDA National Diversity Subcommittee, the Missouri Music Educators Association Diversity Council, and is the college co-ordinator of student activities for the Nebraska Choral Directors Association. He has written articles for many organizations and contributed to the Hal Leonard / McGraw Hill Voices in Concert choir manual.
- Dr Jeffery Redding, director of choral activities at the University of Central Florida (UCF). He is the recipient of the 2019 GRAMMY Music Educator Award. He has conducted choirs in performances at national, regional and state conventions of the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA). He has been invited numerous times as guest conductor at Carnegie Hall, Alice Tully Hall, Kennedy Center and Orchestra Hall. He is also one of the conductors of the Candlelight Processional at Walt Disney World at Epcot.
About FeelitLIVE (www.feelitlive.com)
FeelitLIVE is a versatile, virtual and hybrid event platform connecting creators and audiences around the world. Whatever your industry, the type of event or the size of your audience, FeelitLIVE gives you the tools to host and deliver the experience you’ve always imagined. FeelitLIVE is headquartered in Menlo Park, California with talented team members on four continents.
Image 1: America’s Got Choirs
High school choirs from across the country are invited to enter the America’s Got Choirs competition by submitting a song performance recorded and performed in the 2020 school year by October 8, 2021. All submissions are free.
This content was posted through the press release distribution service at Newswire.com.